Thursday, July 11, 2013

Fun Books to Use for Library Lessons

So the last few posts have been about lesson books I use or am thinking about purchasing. So today I thought I would talk about pictures books to use for lessons.  While there are tons of picture books that you could read to your classes for entertainment, there are also some great picture books out there that are perfect for teaching media skills.  Here are some that I have in media center that I use for media lessons (NOTE: prices and availability are subject to change):

32 pages, buy it used on Amazon
Upstart sells other items to go with this book.  You can find them here.
Great for K-2.

36 pages, on Amazon
Good for 3rd grade and up.

32 pages, on Amazon
I use this book with kindergarten and first grade. They love it.


32 pages, on Amazon
I read this to second grade students letting them know that they will begin to find books on their own.  Of course, I am there if they need help, but I want them to try on their own first.

32 pages, on Amazon
I use this with K and 1st towards the beginning of the year and again after Christmas break.

32 pages, on Amazon
Reading level is age 7 and up, but I would use it as a read aloud for ages 9 and up.


I just purchased these, but haven't had a chance to use them yet:

32 pages, on Amazon

36 pages, on Amazon

32 pages, on Amazon

32 pages,  on Amazon

3 books, grades 1-4,  on Upstart


 I don't have these books, but I would like to get them eventually:

32 pages, on Amazon

Upstart sells and Alpha Betti doll 


24 pages, on Amazon,  or Bound to Stay Bound

24 pages, on Amazon

24 pages, on Amazon

32 pages, on Amazon

32 pages, on Amazon

24 pages, on Amazon

32 pages, on Amazon

24 pages, on Amazon

24 pages, on Amazon


20 pages, on  Amazon

32 pages, on Amazon

32 pages, on Amazon

24 pages, on Amazon


48 pages, on Amazon

35 pages, on Amazon

32 pages, on Amazon

48 pages, on Amazon

48 pages, on Amazon

48 pages, on Amazon

What are some picture books that you use to teach library/media lessons?


*I'm an affiliate for things I've bought or used personally.  If you click through any referral links (if included), at no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you make a purchase.  Thank you for your support in this way.

3 comments:

  1. Mr. Wiggle's Book is the first book I read to kindergarten each year. I love it! Thanks for the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I can't wait to get my copy of Mr. Wiggle's Book. =)

      Delete
  2. My classes were HUGE fans of Goldie Socks and the Three Libearians! (K- Gr.2) Another fun book is "Maybe a Bear Ate It!" and since there aren't a lot of words in the book, we copy the motions of the main character in the story (definitely helps towards the end of the week when they get jittery!) and it's easy enough for my K classes to read a long when I use my pointer to follow along.

    ReplyDelete