So, it's just about the beginning of a new school year and I have yet to review the previous school year. Yeah, that sounds about right. Better late than never, though, so here goes.
Each year I make a flipsnack book showing all the highlights from the year. It's a nice way to summarize the year...kind of an online library yearbook. It takes a little bit of time to put together, but it's worth it. Here's this past year's:
My Plans for the Summer, which include things I did before leaving for the summer:
Reorganize the Media Storage roomDONE! Make signs for the new sections in the Media Storage roomDONE! Reorganize the conference room off the Media Center to make it a parent resource roomDONE! Paint the Media Center bathroom (it's small, so it shouldn't take long)DONE! Decorate the Media Center for next year in the Super Reader themeDONE! Decorate the Prize Cart with the new Super Reader themeDONE! Make new shelf markers for the new theme using super hero duct tapeDONE! Make new center signs/directions with new themeDONE! Barcode older Cobblestone magazinesDONE! Finish next year's scope and sequenceDONE! Work on creating a Welcome Back movie with iMovie to show on my new TV that was finally installed at the end of the school year. DONE! See it here. Create some new items for my TpT store including a Fun Pirate theme, a Space theme and some freebiesDONE!
- Add Fan Freebies to my Facebook pages
- Continue to work on gaining new Facebook, Twitter, and TpT followers
- Participate in more Twitter chats (#edtech, #tlchat)
- Clean up posts on The Book Bug (correct grammar and spelling errors, broken links, etc.)
Add new freebies to Classroom FreebiesDONE! Create new orientation PowerPoints for the beginning of the yearDONE! Work on the new Media Center info pamphletDONE! Update the Media Center websiteDONE!
- Download and listen to the Elementary Librarian podcasts I have not listened to yet
- Finish reading the books I brought home to read over the summer
Goals for Upcoming School Year
- Continue to use Skype more
- Utilize Twitter more as a means to get out the word on what librarians REALLY do
- Create lessons using Augmented Reality apps such as Aurasma
- I'd like to have a live morning newscast. I looked into some ways to using iPads for this. I'd like to test it out soon.
- I'd like to start a book club once a week for 3rd-5th graders.
- I'd also like to start a newspaper or literary magazine to highlight the great writers we have. This might even could be an online thing.
Acquire more iPadsDONE!
- Look into getting a Makerbot 3D printer (possibly via Donors Choose)
- Raise money to send 500 books to the bindery
- Relabel biographies as 92 rather than 921 so that section can include 920 as well as 921
- Attend at least 4 conferences this year
- Present at at least 2 conferences
- Take part in more webinars
- Blog at least once a week
So those are my plans. We'll see how it goes.
Hope you're having a great summer!