I was nominated by Heather at Beg, Borrow, and Teach!
Being as this is my first blogger award, it's an extra special honor. Thanks, so much, Heather!
So here are the rules,
A. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them. Done. Thanks, again, Heather! =)
B. Tell seven things about yourself.
1. In July, I celebrated 10 years of marriage to my wonderful husband.
2. I am the mother of two wonderful boys, ages 9 and 2.
3. I have been teaching for 14 years, but this is my first year as a Media Specialist. I taught 5th grade my first year, then moved down to Kindergarten for a year. I looped up with my Kinders the next year and spent six years teaching first grade before moving to the computer lab where I taught for 5 years. And now I am enjoying life as a Media Specialist. =)
4. I love to be creative, from blogging to scrapbooking, to sewing to crafts. I get withdrawals if I go too long without being creative. Luckily, I get to be creative with my job.
5. I was a Girl Scout for 13 years, from Pixies (which aren't even around any more) in Kindergarten to Seniors. I even earned the Girl Scout Gold Award which is the equivalent to the Boy Scout Eagle Award. My experiences in scouting certainly had a great influence on my success as an educator. I have many fond memories of scouting and have encouraged my oldest to keep with scouting. Currently he is a Bear and he is enjoying it.
6. My guilty pleasure shows include The Big Bang Theory and Tori and Dean, Home Sweet Hollywood. Definitely different ends of the spectrum, but I enjoy them both and look forward to Tuesdays and Thursdays every week.
7. I have a major sweet tooth. Cupcakes, caramel, and hard candies are my favs. My husband knows to put Sugar Babies, Twix, Red Hots and Lemon Heads in my stocking every year.
C. Pass this on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know they've received this award.
I don't know how new these are, but here are 15 awesome blogs I follow. I have them in my Google reader so that I don't miss a single post. Just click on the pics/buttons to go to each blog.
If you're not currently a follower of these blogs, you might like to check them out. There are some great ideas out there.