Sunday, October 2, 2016

Where Did September Go?

It's already October.  I feel like I totally missed all of September.  It is such a blur.  I had to leave during the end of August, right before the start of our book fair for a family emergency.  I had to leave so quickly, I didn't even get a picture of the final set up before the fair started. However, I felt very blessed to have some wonderful co-workers and some great volunteers who ran the fair while I was out.   I was out for 6 days and it seems like it took me forever to get back to a routine.


Just as I thought I was about to catch up, the annual West Georgia RESA Technology Conference was upon me and I was out another two days with that.  It was a good conference.  I got to talk with my friend Shannon Miller and I even won a Keurig, although I don't drink coffee. But it's all good because the hubs does drink coffee and his birthday is coming up.


So I thought my luck was changing, but the next week I got two flat tires...in less than 12 hours!  But PTO brought cupcakes that day (my favorite!) and I got an email confirmation that I am registered for my favorite tech conference in November. That made the situation a little less stressful.


The awful back luck continued last week when a nasty viral infection struck me down on Tuesday afternoon. Hard.  I started feeling bad and within an hour I was down for the count.  Although it wasn't the flu, I can't imagine that the flu would have felt much worse.  Everything hurt and then came the sore throat, runny nose, cough, nausea.  I was a walking bedridden Nyquil commercial. I am starting to feel better today, which is good because I really do not need to miss any more work.

In between all the bad luck, I did manage to teach some classes including



Kindergarten and First Grade First Checkouts of the Year


Second Grade Library Centers
You can purchase a copy of the library centers I use HERE in my TpT store.



Third Grade Dictionary Skills
You can read about the Dictionary Dudes and download a free copy HERE.


Fourth and Fifth Grade Fiction Book Hunt with Aurasma
You can read more about the Aurasma book hunt HERE.
NOTE:  Aurasma is now HP Reveal. 



Fourth Grade Non-fiction QR Code Hunt
You can read more about the QR Code Dewey Hunt HERE.


So that was my September.  I really hope that October is less eventful.





No comments:

Post a Comment