Sunday, January 25, 2015

Centers for Super Bowl Fans

I'm sooooo not a football fan.  If I watch the Super Bowl at all, it's for the commercials.  However, many of my patrons are big football fans, so I thought I would take advantage of that and make some centers with a football theme.


I created a football themed call number sorting center where students must determine what section that call number would belong in: Easy (or Everybody/Everyone), Fiction, or Non-fiction.  You can check out this center HERE in my TpT store.

I also created a football themed shelf order center where students must put the cards in shelf order.  I made 3 different levels for Easy (or Everybody/Everyone), Fiction (with both FIC and F options) and Non-fiction.  You can check out this center HERE in my TpT store.

Both sets come with color and black and white options to save on ink.  You could print the black and white on colored paper or cardstock to make it more fun.  I have laminated my pieces so that they will last longer.

Both centers will be 50% through midnight (EST) tonight, so grab 'em up now.


I am pairing these centers with a lesson on the Sports and Leisure genre.  I thought to make it more fun, I would let them see if they could sort the cards Minute-to-Win-It style.  I found a fun countdown clock on YouTube that I show.


I changed the call numbers on both of these centers so that students who had previously played the Winter themed centers would have a fresh set of cards.  I have used both sets with two fourth grade classes already.  They liked the timer and it made them realize how important it is to keep the shelves neat because it takes a while to put books in the correct order.  I really think the other classes are going to enjoy it, too.

Happy PreSuper Bowl Week!


No comments:

Post a Comment