Saturday, June 1, 2013

Mixed Emotions


Just received news that the principal of my school, the matriarch who has made our little school what it is, will be retiring after 25 years at our school as of July 1st.  I had no clue she was going to retire this year, although I knew it was coming soon.  I am so sad, but extremely happy for her at the same time.


She is such a wonderful person and a fantastic administrator.  Here she is pictured (on the left) with our wonderful AP.  You can probably tell from the picture that she is a lively person and so fun to work for!  She knows the name of every student who has ever stepped through our doors while she was administrator.  She cares for everyone of our kiddos and is very big on putting family first.  I have been called to her office several times only to be told I was working too hard and to take some time to be with my family.  When does that EVER happen?  I have only worked for her for two years and I feel as though I am losing a family member. It is going to be very difficult for anyone to fill her shoes.  I just hope our board will be able to find the right person for our little school.


Although I am sad for us, I truly am happy for her.  She has worked hard and definitely deserves this time.  So I say congrats with tearful eyes and a hopeful heart that everything works out for us all.

*sniff*  *sniff*

No comments:

Post a Comment