After meeting with my media committee, I decided to go with the "Get Wild About Reading" theme.
I had so much fun putting this packet together thanks to some cute graphics from Scrappin Doodles and Digi Web Studio.
After creating my signage, I used our poster maker to enlarge the signs for the doors and circulation desk. Then I printed the smaller items and laminated everything before got started decorating.
Some of the teachers and staff were kind of laughing at me because my Media Center is ready to go and we've only been out of school for a few days.
What can I say? I like to get things done.
And now I can enjoy the rest of my summer, well, until July when I start working on my lesson plans. =)
My "Get Wild About Reading" Library/Media Center pack is available here on TpT for $7.00. It includes a ton of items:
- 10 "Get Wild About Reading signs (5 with "in our Media Center" and 5 wth "in our library", different orientations and different backgrounds
- 2 check out sings
- 1 "Return Books Here" sign
- 2 Schedule signs (one for a media center, one for a library
- 8 library/media center passes with space to write teachers' names
- 2 pass reminder signs
- 3 due date reminder signs
- 8 Group/Table signs
- 2 volunteer recruitment posters (one that says "library" and one that says "media center"
- 12 different "Search Slip" signs to decorate search slip baskets/containers
- "AR Wild Readers' Club" sign
- "Hall of Fame" letters for AR recognition or other reading recognition
- "Wild Reader of the Month" signs for 2nd-5th grades
- 12 animal print month signs that can be used to display the "Wild Reader of the Month"
- 12 different "Wild About Reading" bookmarks (9 that can be used as part of a reading incentive program; just have students fill out the bookmarks and turn them in for a small prize when complete
- Blank "Wild About Reading" 12 month calendar
BONUS: Adopt a Book sign (You can read about my Adopt a Book shelf here.)
Here's a free download of some of the bookmarks included in the pack.