Thursday, April 4, 2013

Figurative Language Acitivity

Since April is National Poetry Month, next week I will be reviewing figurative language with my second through fifth grade classes so I created a fun figurative language matching activity for each class to complete after we review figurative language.

I am covering these 8 figurative languages: alliteration, hyperbole, idiom, metaphor, onomatopoeia, oxymoron, personification, and simile.  I created some figurative language posters with definitions and examples to review each one.


Then I created 24 question cards, 3 for each figurative language we will review.


The answers can be checked with the QR codes on the back of each card or an answer key.  I made it both ways in case our iPads were not available.


You can get a copy of this figurative language matching activity pack for $4.50 on my TpT store by clicking here or on the picture above.

Hope you enjoy!




2 comments: