Friday, January 18, 2013

Dave and Pat Sargent



Today we had a visit from guest authors Dave and Pat Sargent.  Dave and Pat have been writing children's books for over 30 years and today they gave their very last school presentation to our students.  I was not aware that this was to be their last presentation, or I might have made a big production about it, but I think that is why the Sargent's didn't say anything until they arrived. 


They are a quiet couple, but a very captivating couple.  Due to health issues, Dave gave the presentation as Pat looked on.  But the students did not seem to mind. 


Dave gave students a chance to answer questions for a free copy of one of his books. He also gave students a chance to ask him questions. After the presentation, many of students came up to both Dave and Pat and gave them huge hugs.  It brought tears to my eyes to see how loving they were being.


Following their presentation, they sold copies of their books in the Media Center and autographed any of the books that were purchased.

Dave and Pat are with the Ozark Publishing Company.  This is the third author visit I have had set up with OPC and I have not been disappointed, yet.  The authors we've had visit have not charged a fee, only asked that they be given a chance to sell copies of their books.  I highly recommend getting in contact with the Ozark Publishing Company and setting up an author visit.  I don't think you'll be disappointed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment