Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Story Elements Lesson for Halloween


One of my favorite books to read this time of year is The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda Williams.  This year, I decided to read this story with my kindergarten and first grade classes and tie in the story elements of characters, setting, and plot.

I found this fun pack on TpT from Tangled Up in Teaching that went perfectly with my lesson.



Then I made this fun worksheet as a wrap up to the lesson.  You can grab a copy of it for free HERE or click on the picture above.

What are some of your favorite Halloween stories and lessons?


*I'm an affiliate for things I've bought or used personally.  If you click through any referral links (if included), at no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you make a purchase.  Thank you for your support in this way.


5 comments:

  1. I don't have this one! I got to hit up Amazon!!!
    Mrs. Brown Loves Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting this -- I used it with my 1st graders last week, and they really seemed to enjoy it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I taught kindergarten, we did hand motions with this story and the kids loved it! For example, 2 shoes go clomp clomp, we would slap our hands one at a time on our legs one at a time while saying "clomp clomp". For the hat we would nod as we pretended to tip our hat and say "nod nod". Sooooo much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete