Thursday, May 16, 2013

BOGO Book Fair


So I decided to have a Book Fair this week.  I might have been crazy to do that 2 weeks before school ends, but I thought it would be a great way to promote summer reading and gets some new books in the hands of kids.


I decided to do only a 3 day fair because I have never done a BOGO fair before, so I wasn't sure how well it would go.  Plus, I also needed to do inventory and do a final round up of books, so 3 days seemed like a good balance.   And since there really wasn't a theme except summer reading, I didn't have too much in the way of decorating to do.  Set up wasn't too bad, either.


One thing I did differently with the BOGO fair was to request not to have any "doo-dads,"  only books. Although the doo-dads are usually the number one sellers, the point of this fair was to get kids books for the summer.  And it ended up being a good experience.  We did not earn any cash, because that is not an option on BOGO fairs, but tons of students got books and we were able to get about 80 new books for the Media Center with the Scholastic Dollars we earned.

All in all, it was a good experience, and I think I would do it again next school year. What about you?  Do you ever do a BOGO Book Fair and if so, when do you hold it?



No comments:

Post a Comment