Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer Reading, Part 2

Did you miss me?  I feel like I've been gone a month!  We took about a week and a half to visit family in Tennessee.  I hadn't seen my grandmother, mom, sister, and nieces in several months, so it was certainly nice to visit with them. Then I needed another week to rest from that vacation.  LOL

I took a few books with me on the trip and was able to finish a couple of them.


First I read Storm Runners.  I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to get into it, but boy, was I wrong! This book was action-packed and kept me in suspense.  Just when I thought the action was about to die down, something else exciting happened.  I don't think I will have any problems "selling" this book to my boys.  I can't wait to read the next book in the series.


Next, I read Floors.  I had started it earlier, but I just couldn't get into it.  The second time around, though, I really enjoyed it.  It was like a mystery and adventure story all rolled into one.  And it really did remind me of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  It was such a fun book to read that I think both boys and girls would enjoy it.


Then I read Found.  This book is like a Back to the Future movie, but even better.  It starts off kind of like a mystery and then turns into a science fiction novel.  Loved it and I couldn't wait to start the next book, Sent.  


I am about 80 pages away from finishing Sent.  While the first book was more of a science fiction/mystery this book was more of a history/science fiction book.  Now, I am not much of a history fan, but the storyline is so engrossing that I am eating up this book.  I have to get my hands on the next two books:

 

Super exciting series!  I can see some book talks in my future!

Next on my list to read are


The Genius Files, which I recently found out is also part one of three and


The Car is another one I am having a hard time getting into, but maybe if I try it again, I'll be surprised.  You just never know.


*I'm an affiliate for things I've bought or used personally.  If you click through any referral links (if included), at no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you make a purchase.  Thank you for your support in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment