Blogger Wordpress Gadgets

Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Very Crafty Christmas

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays.  I know I am enjoying the time off to be with my family and to rest up for the new year.  It has been a super busy year and I could not have done it without the help of my wonderful parent volunteers.  To thank them for all that they do, I made these Pinterest inspired gifts:



They are Hersey bars covered in white cardstock, decorated as snowmen, and topped with a pair of gloves, one tucked inside the other, tied with ribbon or a bit of fabric.  The original idea called for popcorn, but I went with chocolate.


Here's a closeup of one of these cuties.  They were "snow" much fun to make!  You can find the original project here.  You can find a different version here.

These little guys got me in the mood to make even more fun crafts, so I made these cute reindeer, also inspired by Pinterest,  for my son's teachers.


I used punches from Stampin' Up for the circles and the "hair."  You can find the original project here.  There is a similar version here.  

But I didn't stop there.  I had seen some cute apples made from the bottom of coke bottles and was inspired to make a winter version...chocolate filled snowflakes!



First, I started by cutting off the bottoms of clean, dry 20 oz. coke bottles.


Next, I wrapped some yummy kisses up in tissue paper.


Then, I placed the wrapped candy inside the bottoms and taped the seam to keep the two pieces together.


To cover the tape seam, I added some ribbon and hot glued the ribbon to keep it attached.


Next, I added the snowflake design.


One snowflake "arm" on each "bottle bump," plus a little ball at the end of each snowflake "arm."


In between each bump, I added a smaller arm and then crossed the long snowflake arms.


I added a cute snowflake stamp to the top.  The stamp is from Stampin Up.


To finish, I used a scallop punch and Christmas stamp that I hot glued to the front.  So cute.  To see what inspired me, click here.

And finally, I was inspired by the coke bottles to decorate some water bottles for my grandmother for Christmas.  It was a gift I know she would use and would love.


I simply removed the water bottle label and replaced it to one I personalized for my grandmother from my boys.


Viola!  A personalized waterbottle for Great Grammie!

And finally, yesterday was my birthday and since I was feeling crafty, I decided to make myself a couple of presents using some fabric I had left over from decorating the Media center.  I made a pillow for my office chair (I have a really bad back) and a polka dot purse.   I really like the way they turned out and the fabric just makes me happy!



So did you have a very crafty Christmas, too?



P.S.  If you're on Pinterest and would like to follow my DIY Gift Ideas board, just click here.  If you're not on Pinterest, but like what you see, you can either email me by clicking on my signature above or leave me a comment with your email address and I will send you an invite to join Pinterest.  I must warn you, though.  Joining Pinterest can lead to a "pinning" addiction.  Be prepared to spend lots of hours finding neat ideas.  =)

P.P.S.  The frames around the pictures are from Mel D.  of  From the Pond  http://frompond.blogspot.com  She has tons of cute frames on her blog. Check 'em out!  =)  





No comments:

Post a Comment