Sunday, July 12, 2015

#toptentitles Everybody Books

Today's post is about the top ten Everybody books, sometimes called the Easy section or picture book section.

The top ten is a little bit all over the place, although I did notice that Pete the Cat, Scaredy Squirrel and Froggy books showed up more than once.


Number ten was a major tie between 12 books.  I was happy to see that that Miss Brooks Loves Books made it to the top ten and a little surprised that Creepy Carrots wasn't higher on the list. However, we didn't get Creepy Carrots until later in the year, so that could be the reason.


Number nine was a tie between 10 books. I was happy that Pumpkin, Pumpkin ranked high as well as "L" is for Library.


Number eight was a tie between 3 books and Pete the Cat's first top ten showing.  I found it funny that More Parts made it to the top ten, but Parts and Even More Parts didn't.


Number seven was a tie between 5 books.  I have seen a trend in Cynthia Rylant books making it to the top ten.  I can attribute some of that to the fact that we have around 30 books by Rylant.  Of course, it could also be because she wrote some great books.


The number six spot again has a Rylant book as well as a cute little book about some mice.  Animal fiction books are always a big hit.


The top five spot is shared by two books, one of which, The Best Nest, is one of my personal favorites.  It reminds me of  when I was young and my dad would read that book to me for a bedtime story.  I still have my copy of that book and have read it to my own kids.


The number four spot is from a book I picked up later in the year, but apparently was a big hit with patrons.  I can't decide if this book is popular because patrons love pink or if it's because they don't like it.


The number three spot is held by a Laura Numeroff book and a book I picked up at last year's Children's Literature Conference. I was thrilled to see I Need My Monster make it to the top ten.


Number two goes to another Pete the Cat book.

And the number one spot goes to

To be fair, we have four copies of this title so it has more of a chance of being checked out than most books, but Llama Llama books are always a patron fav.


So those are the top Everybody books in my media center for last school year.  See any favorites among those listed?


2 comments:

  1. Of course....Pete the Cat is a top check out at our library too! After I read "Creepy Carrots" last year, it never stayed on the shelf again! Thanks for posting your popular check-outs. Becky Whitlock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to add more Pete the Cat books. They just love that blue guy. I totally agree about Creepy Carrots. It was always checked out. So surprised it didn't rank higher. I bet it does this upcoming year, though. Thanks again for reading and commenting. =)

      Delete