Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Do the Dewey


This month the Media Center is featuring non-fiction as the Genre of the Month.  I have been teaching non-fiction lessons to second through fifth grade classes for the last few weeks.  I found some great resources on the Internet and tweaked them to fit the needs of the students at my school.


It's tough to explain to elementary students what fits into a category called Generalities or Philosophy and Psychology.  But I made some reference sheets for them as well as a bookmark for them to refer to.


Today I made a Dewey Body Buddy worksheet based on a Highsmith poster (got permission from the company to do so) to go with the lesson for second and third grade.   Just click  HERE or on the picture below to snag your FREE copy.  I'd appreciate your feedback in return.  =)





5 comments:

  1. Thank you. I have been trying to find a way to make NF and DDS more interesting. Many Many Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. This is an absolutely fantastic resource - I have been looking for ages for a way to explain the Dewey system to my kiddos and can't wait to show this to them. Thanks for creating and sharing

    ReplyDelete