Friday, May 24, 2013

Most Popular Titles of the Year...Wildcat Favorites


The top 10 today will focus on the Wildcat Favorite section.  To read more about the Wildcat Favorites, go to this post.  As these are the most popular books in the Media Center, they have a higher number of checkouts than books in other sections.










And with a grand total of 90 checkouts was Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney.

I wasn't really surprised to see the DOAWK in the top ten, but I thought more of the I Survived books would be there, too, because they always seem to be checked out. Maybe those books just aren't getting returned on time.  It's something to keep an eye on.

What are the most popular books in your media center?


*I'm an affiliate for things I've bought or used personally.  If you click through any referral links (if included), at no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you make a purchase.  Thank you for your support in this way.


2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed all of your posts and resources. As a BT, I have utilized many of your resources from TPT. Thank you for making them available!
    I was wondering how did you get the information about your top 10 from the OPAC? I am using Follett, and learning their ways, but I have not come across this feature.
    Thank you for your help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our county uses Destiny which is through Follett so maybe this will help. There is a feature that allows you to look up the top circulations. It's under the Reports tab. Then on the right side, click Library Reports and scroll to the bottom and click on Top/Bottom Titles and you can choose the dates you want to search as well as choosing how many "tops" you want it to list...5, 10, 15, 25, or 50. You can even limit it to type of material and call number. Hope that helps. =)

      Delete