Saturday, November 1, 2014

Fantasy and Science Fiction Genres

I've been working on getting some of my genre activities available for you to purchase on TpT.  I have the first couple of genres ready.  I combined fantasy and science fiction because they pair well together.

I have created 2 versions...


NOW AVAILABLE ON TEACHER'S DOJO-CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE


NOW AVAILABLE ON TEACHER'S DOJO-CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE


Both versions contain an introduction PowerPoint that introduces the concept of genres, 


and then it goes on to describe the two genres.

Each download also contains an activity sheet that asks students to tell whether or not the book is a fantasy or science fiction book or another genre.

The exciting part is that the answers can be checked with Aurasma!  There is also the option to check the answers with the answer slide if you don't happen to have access to a mobile device with the Aurasma app.  NOTE: Aurasma is now HP Reveal, but still works the same way.



I have used both these activities with my second and fourth grade classes and they really enjoyed it.  You can check out these packs yourself on Teacher's Dojo.

Click HERE to go to the 2nd/3rd grade version.

Click HERE to go to the 4th-6th grade version.


If you'd like to get an idea of what is included in these packs, you can check out my free realistic fiction pack by clicking HERE.


To download the free realistic fiction pack,  you will need to click on the download button.

If you purchase the fantasy and science fiction packs, I'd love to know what you think.  =)



2 comments:

  1. I love following your blog! May I ask about the 2-3 grade realistic fiction powerpoint? Why is Clara and the Bookwagon No? Is it because you teach the kids it is historical fiction? And do students argue that Arthur could be realistic? I love this activity - just want to be prepared! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clara and the Bookwagon is historical fiction. Arthur is animal fiction-when animals act as humans would. I teach animal fiction so that they don't confuse it with fantasy fiction where animals could talk in a story. No arguments about that book from anyone in the past 8 years. =)

      Delete