Sunday, November 2, 2014

Mystery Genre

I'm on a roll!  I got my mystery genre activity packs edited and uploaded.

There are two different versions...







Both come with a PowerPoint introduction to genres 


and an overview of the mystery genre including important terms.

I also include book examples and descriptions that fall into the mystery genre.


To wrap up, students use some simple puzzles to match the definition to the mystery term.


The 4th-6th grade version has a little more to the puzzle.  After matching all the puzzle pieces, they have to spell out the secret word using the grey letters in the middle of each puzzle.

I tested these packs out with my second and fourth grade classes and they loved it!  They were in groups and wanted to race to see who could complete the puzzles first.  With the second grade classes, I called on students randomly to tell me the definition of each term to double check our work. They really enjoyed that.

If you'd like to check out these new mystery packs, you can find them in my TpT store.


Click HERE for the 2nd/3rd grade version.


Click HERE for the 4th-6th grade version.

If you download these items, I'd love to know what you think, so leave me some TpT love.  Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment