Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ever just have one of those days?

Today was one of those days for me.  Nothing seemed to go right, technological speaking.  My day started off with the online circulation program we use being down for about an hour and half.  Then two out of the six student comptuers in the Media Center decided to stop working.  Next, the Activboard projector bulb blew.  And the worst was saved for last.  As I was finishing up some work on my comptuer this afternoon a virus scan started going off.  Granted, I am using a new computer this year, but I had never seen this scan before.  The county did an overnight update, so I thought it might be something to do with that.  Suddenly I began getting messages that my comptuer had been infected with several worms and trojan viruses. 


AHHHHHH!!!! 


I immediately shut down the computer and disconnected it from the Internet, which probably did absolutely nothing to stop it but that's about all I could think to do at that point.  I am afraid of what damage has been done, provided that this was a real virus scan and not some hoax to get me to type in my credit card information to be able to remove the offending files.  And of course, this is the only computer that has a working printer connected to it.  Oh what fun tomorrow will be!   I sent an email to our Tech goddess and have my fingers crossed that she will be able to do something for me tomorrow as she had already left for the day. Again, just my luck.  So I decided to shut the Media Center down and head home early today, well, early for me anyway.  I can only hope that tomorrow will be better. 





No comments:

Post a Comment