Thursday, January 8, 2015

Osmo

I am a techie at heart.  I love cool gadgets and gizmos.  So when I hear about a new product at a decent price, I try to jump on board.

Back in September I preordered a neat little gadget I just knew would be a big hit with my kids.  It's called Osmo and it is awesome.

It took about a month for my package to arrive, but it was worth the wait.


Osmo is a system that lets you play interactive games on the iPad.  The company that makes it is apply named Tangible Play.   The video above was made by the company and gives you an idea of what the product does.

It comes with a base, reflector, and 2 boxes of manipulates.  

There are 3 apps that go with it and all are free in the iTunes app store:
Tangram, Words, and Newton.

The Tangram app works with the Tangram pieces.

The Words app works with the letter tiles.

The Newton app works with anything in the camera's view.  It really is pretty cool.

Here are some videos of my own children using the Tangram Osmo app.

(Please excuse the grunting in the background. That was my little guy before he got his tonsils and adenoids out. Thankfully his surgery fixed that problem.)


And here is another user's video review of the entire system.

The whole system is a bit pricey at $79.99, but just like it says in the video above, it could be a good investment if you already own an iPad and want more ways to use it.  What do you think?  Would you purchase it? 

Are there any cool tech gadgets that you've come across lately?


 (In the interest of full disclosure, I actually preordered the Osmo for $59 before it came out on the market.  This review is my own opinion.  I was not asked nor paid to review this product.)

No comments:

Post a Comment