Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Children's Choice Book Award Winners

I know I am a bit behind in posting about this, but better late than never, right?

The 2012 Children's Choice Book Award Winners have been announced!  Over 900,000 votes were cast and the winners are....


Kindergarten through Second Grade Book of the Year


Three Hens and a Peacock by Lester L. Laminack, illustrated by Henry Cole (Peachtree)

Third to Fourth Grade Book of the Year


Bad Kitty Meets the Baby by by Nick Bruel (Roaring Brook/Macmillan)

Fifth Grade to Sixth Grade Book of the Year


Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt (Clarion Books/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)

Teen Book of the Year



Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (Margaret K. McElderry Books/Simon & Schuster)

Author of the Year



Illustrator of the Year



Brian Selznick for Wonderstruck

Awesomeness.  My patrons will be very happy to know that Mr. Kinney won author of the year.  I never see the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books on the shelf because they are always checked out.  I think next year I will do a better job of promoting voting as well as displaying something about the winners.  I feel an idea for a book promotion display coming!  Stay tuned to see what develops.

In the meantime, I am just trying to survive inventory and the last few days of school.  I hope to be back to blogging on a regular basis very soon.  I've missed Bloggy Land!

How are you getting through the last few weeks and days?  Any big plans for the summer or big ideas for next year?  I'd love to hear about them!


*I'm an affiliate for things I've bought or used personally.  If you click through any referral links (if included), at no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you make a purchase.  Thank you for your support in this way.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these. I am glad to see that Okay for Now won. It is my favorite from 2011 and I was disappointed that it didn't receive a Newbery Honor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sad to say I've only read 2 of the books that won, but at least now I have some books to add to my summer reading list! =)

      Delete