Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Summer's End

It's my last official day of summer vacation and I've been home with a sick little guy.  He has slept most of the day, so I was able to get a few items made that I needed for this year.


I had an empty area on my bulletin board where I usually put my Genre of the Month.  At the final Media Committee meeting last year, we decided to change things up a bit and so that section of the bulletin board was left for something new.

At the end of last year, we had a ton of lost or overdue books, so that got me to thinking about making some type of recognition for classes who did not have any lost or overdue books at all each month.  I decided to use that idea for the bulletin board space and created this:


I spoke with my NEW principal about it yesterday and she loved the idea.  I can't wait to get to school to print it off and laminate it.  I think it's going to be a great addition to the Media program.

This set includes a "Wild About These Homerooms" sign that can be printed using a poster printer for a larger size,

6 grade level mini signs to post underneath the title poster, 10 blank animal signs to write the names of homerooms on and hang on the mini posters each month (I am going to use velcro),

  and 3 different award certificates to give to homerooms who are recognized each month.  I am also going to do a monthly announcement and will give some small prize to the homerooms who receive this recognition.

I posted this set in my TpT store for $1.75.  You can get it here.

Once I get it all up, I will post pictures.  Can't believe I have to REALLY be at work tomorrow. I am so much more productive when I can go in at 10 am instead of 7:30 am.  LOL  Back to reality!

How about you?  When do you go back to work, officially?



5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your TPT Store. I have bought several (really a big bunch) of your sets like I love the Library and Lights, camera, Read.
    Will you be creating Return Book set to match these or other ones in your store?... I hope so... It is well worth 1.75.
    PLEASE with Sugar on it... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bibliocat! I just made another book return set to go with my Super Reader Library/Media Center Pack. But I think you may have gotten my TpT store confused with another TpT seller. The I Love the Library pack and the Lights, Camera, Read pack are both from Ms. O of Ms. O Reads Books. She does make some really cute packs, though. =)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the idea of recognizing homerooms that have returned all of their books on time EACH month! I have also downloaded the letter home about working off the library fine...GENIUS! Thanks for your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. So glad you are finding them helpful. =)

      Delete